Ever, Jane has just launched on Kickstarter http://kck.st/1acrpQD.
Ever, Jane is an online role-playing game set in the virtual world of Regency England and the works of Jane Austen. Unlike many multi-player games, it's not about kill or be killed but invite or be invited. Gossip is our weapon of choice. Instead of raids, we will have grand balls. Instead of dungeons, we will have dinner parties.
We have a very basic prototype of the game available, which you can download and play from http://www.everjane.com/download.
We plan to keep the game live during development so that our backers can not only go on playing and watch our development, but also have plenty of input into it.
Ever, Jane is the first game from 3Turn Productions LLC. CEO and founder Judy Tyrer has a long background in gaming working for Ubisoft, Sony Online Entertainment and Linden Lab working on Second Life.
For further information please contact Judy or Annabel on everjane@3Turnproductions.com
The NY Times site has a new "Janeiac Quiz
" in order "to separate the Lizzys from the Lydias, the true devotees from the casual admirers." The 22-question quiz is interactive, so you can see your progress as you go through the quiz. It covers the Jane Austen novels, as well as adaptations, spin-offs, pop culture references, and literary criticism.
Take the quiz here at http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/08/09/books/09austen-game.html
BBC Radio 4 has begun a radio program of Sense and Sensibility
, dramatized by Helen Edmundson. The BBC Radio 4 website includes Episode 1 -- with a week open to listen before Episode 2 goes live next Sunday, August 11th -- as well as galleries of the cast and related clips. Just click here for all the details, at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b038btbr
Pride and Prejudice and Kitties
, published earlier this spring and co-authored by our own Debbie Guyol, has been garnering good reviews -- of the book as well as the website! Check out all the news & reviews here at the Pride and Prejudice and Kitties web site
”If you’re a Jane Austen fan, or a fan of furries, you’re going to fall in love with this book…Janeites will love the photos that include little head-nods to other Pride and Prejudice and Jane Austen references – such as the Jane Austen for Dummies book in one photo and the Jane Austen figurine in another. Finding these throughout was a joy.”
~ The Bennet Sisters Blog
JASNA is now on Facebook!
” the page (suggest your members “Like
” the page) to follow JASNA announcements and events, including:
- Details about AGM 2013
- Call for Papers – AGM 2014
- Announcements re: Regional Events
- What’s new on the JASNA.org website
- 91 followers in the last 24 hrs; get on board!
If you have a Facebook account, join up at the following URL:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jane-Austen-Society-of-North-America/285332054855712
This is Jennifer Snoek-Brown, your friendly web manager, and I'm excited to share with you some updates and new features for our regional web site!
First of all, these updates are possible due to a recent site upgrade to the Pro level, and many thanks go to our Board of Officers
for approving that site upgrade!Image updates
- We have a new header slideshow (scroll up to the top of this page to view), featuring some of the different headers on different pages of the site. This slideshow is only on the home page of the site, and you can scroll through the images using the dots in the righthand corner.
- There's a new "favicon" feature. A "favicon" is a small icon that appears next to the site's URL in the browser's address bar. I used a Jane Austen portrait for our site's favicon.
- To make it easier to find one's way around the site, there's a new and improved search box on the home page.
- This search box is also included in the new footer on the bottom of each page. Now you can search on our site from any page!
- We have a new Lending Library page, thanks to Kathleen McCann's hard work. Please check it out!
- And last, but not least, we now have the ability to have members-only pages of the site that are password-protected. This has enabled us to have a password-protected version of the Lending Library page that includes full contact details.
- Note: I have also added a Members Only page on the main navigation bar, which will include links to all the password-protected pages, as we continue to explore this option for our group's activities. If you are a current regional member and would like to request the password, please contact our Regional Coordinator.
Which update or new feature is your favorite? Please take a minute and take our quick poll, at right, and let us know!
Celebrate site updates!
Our new Jane Austen "favicon"