More exciting news regarding the new publication of Pride and Prejudice and Kitties
, co-authored by our own Debbie Guyol. The book has arrived!
- Debbie will be reading at 7:00 pm on Monday, April 15, at Beaverton Powells. There will be a slide show plus the thrilling tale of how the book came to be. Debbie hopes to see many JASNA pals there!
- Debbie and her co-author, Pamela Jane, have guest blogs on (1) Austen Authors: www.austenauthors.com and (2) The Bennet Sisters blog, from Australia: http://thebennetsisters.wordpress.com/2013/03/30/pride-and-prejudice-and-kitties-review-and-author-qa/ . Please check them out, post a comment, pass along to your friends!
- There is also a book giveaway contest, open for entries until May 1. For all the details, please visit the PPK web site at http://prideandprejudiceandkitties.com/.
- And last but not least, there is also a new, fun book trailer! Please check it out below:
And BONUS! The PPK slide show on Huffington Post should go live sometime this week. Wow!
This is Jennifer Snoek-Brown, your friendly web manager, and I'm excited to share with you some updates and new features for our regional web site!
First of all, these updates are possible due to a recent site upgrade to the Pro level, and many thanks go to our Board of Officers
for approving that site upgrade!Image updates
- We have a new header slideshow (scroll up to the top of this page to view), featuring some of the different headers on different pages of the site. This slideshow is only on the home page of the site, and you can scroll through the images using the dots in the righthand corner.
- There's a new "favicon" feature. A "favicon" is a small icon that appears next to the site's URL in the browser's address bar. I used a Jane Austen portrait for our site's favicon.
- To make it easier to find one's way around the site, there's a new and improved search box on the home page.
- This search box is also included in the new footer on the bottom of each page. Now you can search on our site from any page!
- We have a new Lending Library page, thanks to Kathleen McCann's hard work. Please check it out!
- And last, but not least, we now have the ability to have members-only pages of the site that are password-protected. This has enabled us to have a password-protected version of the Lending Library page that includes full contact details.
- Note: I have also added a Members Only page on the main navigation bar, which will include links to all the password-protected pages, as we continue to explore this option for our group's activities. If you are a current regional member and would like to request the password, please contact our Regional Coordinator.
Which update or new feature is your favorite? Please take a minute and take our quick poll, at right, and let us know!
Celebrate site updates!
Our new Jane Austen "favicon"
More exciting updates about the upcoming title, Pride and Prejudice and Kitties
, co-authored by our own Debbie Guyol. First of all, April 8
is the official publication date. And there is a new and updated web site dedicated to the book, at http://prideandprejudiceandkitties.com/
There are also two regional book readings to celebrate this new title:
- April 15: Powell’s Books at Cedar Hills Crossing, Beaverton, Oregon, 7 pm
- May 7: Broadway Books, Portland, Oregon, 7 pm
There is much more info available on the site, including Austen Links, Kitty Links, How to Photograph a Cat, and a Photo Gallery!
Our region has lost a longtime, and well-loved, friend and member. A good friend of Janet Rohrbaugh has shared the sad news that Janet passed away peacefully the evening of January 15. She was sitting in her chair reading a book. The cause of death is unknown at this time, but doctors suspect it was her heart.
Janet will be greatly missed by all who knew her.
There will be a memorial service for Janet at Westminster Presbyterian Church in NE Portland on Saturday, January 26, at 2pm.Click here for a Google Maps link to Westminster Presbyterian Church
What we can do for the family is to come and celebrate Janet's life at her memorial on January 26.
Janet's family has also asked that in lieu of sending flowers, please send a donation to the American Heart Association
Please do pass this news and memorial information on to those who knew and loved her.